SCC Week 3 Update

“Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in life, it’s about what you INSPIRE others to do.” – Unknown

Each year, more and more people, including State Employees, are finding it necessary to make use of services provided by State Combined Campaign affiliated charities.  The donations you make and solicit from your co-workers are allowing these charities to help those in need.  This generosity provides meals those who are hungry, safe places for victims of domestic violence, research to end deadly diseases, and thousands of other causes/services.  Your dedication and your hard work make a HUGE difference in the lives of so many.  There are more than 400 charities represented in the State Combined Campaign.  I appeal to you to make sure that everyone in your department or agency is given the opportunity to support one these charities.  With so many choices, there is something for everyone.  Please encourage your co-workers to take the time to find that charity they can support.  A monthly contribution (as little as $1/month) through payroll deduction or any gift will have an immense impact on so many lives, and giving through the SCC is easy to do!

At the end of the third week of the 2016 State Combined Campaign, more than $138,153 has been pledged representing 17.83% of goal.   Many departments/agencies are ahead of their pace from the 2015 Campaign and are setting the bar!  This is a direct result of your dedicated and hard work.   Participation continues to be the key to success.  Currently, 3.38% (1,133) of State Employees have participated by making a pledge or cash/check donation.  Nearly 20% of the dollars raised to date are a result of less than 5% of the State’s workforce.  Please see the following reports to track your organization’s progress. Week 3 Report  Week 3 Chart  Week 3 Comparison

CONGRATULATIONS to the following for exceeding goal in Week 3:

Week 3 Coordinator(s): % of Goal
House of Representatives Dildred Bass & Lynn Parker 147.22%
Department of Youth Services Chanda Leshoure & Gwendolyn Colvin 121.45%

If we can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to let Sharilyn or I know.  We want to help!

On behalf of the SCC Steering Committee, thank you for all you do.

I’m proud to be part of this important effort to create opportunities for a better life for all.  I hope you are too!

Becky

SCC Week 2 Update

We have wrapped up the second full week of the State Combined Campaign!  This year’s campaign is starting off at a phenomenal pace and I pray we keep it up!

At the end of Week 2, $100,312 or 12.94% of the 2016 goal has been contributed with 2.27% participation.  One-tenth of the campaign goal raised with less than 3 percent of the population.  Just think what we can do if the other 97 percent give at any level!  This could be the best campaign yet!  Let’s work super hard to keep this pace and to encourage higher participation.  You are the key to success!  Your support and enthusiasm will be essential to inspiring others to participate so we may make life a little brighter for many of those less fortunate.  Through your eyes, your fellow employees will see the value of the agencies supported, as well as the people who receive help.

2016-scc-week-2-report
2016-scc-chart-week-2
2015-16-scc-comparison-report-week-2

Congratulations to the following Departments and Coordinators for exceeding goal during Week 2:

Week 2 Coordinator(s): % of Goal
Commerce Rosalyn Frank, Jan Dame & Ovetta Moscatiello 172.34%
Alabama Emergency Management Agency Charlotte Enos & Greg Robinson 130.86%

Keep up the great work!  Thank you for all you do and for your support of the State Combined Campaign charities!

Thought for the week:  “Helping a person will not necessarily change the world, but it will change the world for that person.”  #1131 thatonerule.com

If you need anything, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Becky & Sharilyn