Thanks to the generosity of state employees, the Combined Campaign raised $791,750 to support more than 450 charities in 2016. That represents 101 percent of the statewide goal with 58 individual state agencies and boards exceeding their individual goals! Representatives from those agencies were honored today by Combined Campaign Steering Committee Chair Julie Magee and the Combined Campaign staff at an awards ceremony in the state Capitol auditorium on January 25, 2017. Since the Campaign’s inception in 1993, more than $15.2 Million has been donated by State Employees to improve the lives of all Alabamians.
Magee dedicated the achievement in memory of Past Campaign Chair Tom Surtees, who recently lost his battle with cancer. Magee stated Surtees was with us in spirit, celebrating the success. Tom Surtees was SCC Chair from 2007-2013. More than $6 million dollars was raised during his tenure as Chair.
* $791,750 pledged for 102.16% of Goal
* Goal was $775,000
* 3% increase over 2015 totals
* Department of Revenue top percentage over goal 500+ employees ($62,957)
* Foresters Registration Board top percentage over goal >500 employees
* Department of Human Resources employees contributed $100,630
* Department of Correction employees contributed more than $83,035